Thursday, May 7, 2009

Responding to the Body and Soul

I regret the lull in blog activity during the past few weeks. Again, catch-up will be necessary to explain the adventures of my Garden Route weekend road trip. The trip set me back and caused a rough week of adjustment in Cape Town -- my computer's hard drive stopped working and I injured my left hand and lower back. I spent most of last week taking care of the body and sorting out my computer. My hand and fingers became very swollen, but the swelling subsided with ice and Advil. I still have a bruise on the hand, but the pain no longer impacts the area. I'm also relieved that my lower back no longer aches when I lift an item, open a window or sneeze.

Finally, I rented a computer for the remainder of my time in South Africa. I will deal with the repair and Lenovo customer service when I return stateside in July. The laptop rental arrived just in time to get me through the final stretch of essays before my exams at the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment